What is 2C-B?
2 C-B is a novel psychoactive substance that was invented by biochemist and psychopharmacologist Alexander “Sasha” Shulgin in 1974. Shulgin is known as the “Godfather of Ecstasy” and legally synthesized over 200 psychedelic compounds in a musty lab on his property in the Bay Area known as “the Farm.” Serving as his own guinea pig, he tested all these compounds on himself, and if he found them to be safe and possibly useful, extended the invitation to his wife, Ann Shulgin, as well as to their “research group.” These chemical tales are joyously recounted in the couple’s co-authored books, PiHKAL (Phenethylamines I Have Known and Loved) and TiHKAL (Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved). (Tryptamines include the classic psychedelics like LSD or psilocybin, while phenethylamines include 2C-B.)
What does 2 C-B look like?
- A small pill
- A powder, usually white but not always
- A liquid, but this is rare
2CB drugs are normally sold as pills or powders, but this can vary. For example, 2CB and 2CT-7 have been sold as white powders or small 5mg pills.
A liquid form of 2CI has been reported, but this is rare.
What does 2 CB taste/smell like?
Users say that 2 CBs can give a burning sensation and be painful to snort. Also similar to how xanax tabs taste
How do people take 2 cb
The 2 C-B drugs can be snorted, swallowed or smoked.
How does it make you feel?
The 2 CB family of drugs are classed as psychedelics (hallucinogens) but they can also produce stimulant effects.
As hallucinogens, they can make you experience reality in a distorted way that may cause hallucinations (seeing and hearing things that aren’t there).
As stimulants, they can make you feel awake, alert and affectionate towards people around you.
The 2 CB drugs can make you:
- energised and alert
- extra aware of colours, sounds and smells
- very sensitive to touch and sexually aroused
They can also make you:
- happy and in tune with your surroundings (similar to ecstasy), especially if taken in smaller doses
- see the world around you as being distorted, this is sometimes called ‘visuals’
- hallucinate, especially if taken in larger doses
As with all psychedelic drugs, it’s very hard to predict how you’ll feel when you take a 2C drug – and some 2Cs cause more psychedelic effects than others. The more you take, the more intense and uncontrollable the experience will be. Like how this sound? maybe you should try crystal meth ice too
How does 2 CB make people behave?
How long the trip lasts
How long the effects last and the drug stays in your system depends on how much you’ve taken, your size, whether you’ve eaten and what other drugs you may have also taken.
Physical health risks
Taking 2CB drugs involves risks. Here’s what we know:
- They can cause headaches, nausea and vomiting.
- There is a risk of over-stimulating the heart and circulation.
- It’s not yet known if 2 C-B drugs cause any long term damage, but there have been numerous hospitalisations associated with their use.
Mental health risks
Because the 2 C-Bs are psychedelic drugs, anyone with a history of mental illness should be particularly careful.
Here’s what we know:
- Panic attacks have been reported.
- Severe psychosis has been reported.
- Confused, agitated or even delirious states have been reported when the drugs have been taken in high doses.
- Evidence from other drugs – such as ecstasy and LSD – suggest that regular users of the drugs become tired, low in mood and anxious when they stop using, or if they use in high doses.
What is 2 CB cut with?
Information about 2 cb purity is difficult to get hold of.
Is it dangerous to mix with other drugs?
Mixing 2C drugs with alcohol may have serious consequences – mixing any stimulant drugs with alcohol can substantially increase their risks.
Can you get addicted?
There’s very little current information about 2 CB drugs’ addictiveness.
Tolerance and psychological dependence have been reported in stimulant drugs, such as ecstasy, that act like 2 C-B drugs but little is known about the effects of 2 CB drugs themselves.
The trip it causes is like that of golden teacher mushroom, but less.